Termite Technician Trainee
Benefits Start Day 1 for Full-Time Colleagues - No Waiting Period!
For more than 85 years, Terminix has built a reputation as one of the nation’s leading providers of termite and pest control services, safeguarding over 3 million homes and businesses against all types of pests in 47 states and 14 countries.
What is this role about?
Our Termite Control Technicians serve in a key front-line role and are the very heart of what we do. It’s all about providing outstanding service delivery of Terminix products to valued customers.
What does a "Day-in-the-Life" look like?
Equipped with a company vehicle and excellent industry training, our Termite Techs are out in the neighborhoods Terminix serves visiting residential customers and performing requested termite treatments. Here are a few specifics of what you would be doing each day:
- Verifying that job specifications are appropriate for each work order
- Preparing the job site for treatment
- Applying anti-terminate treatments to structures according to schedule, safety procedures and label instructions.
- Interacting with customers and explaining services provided
- Completing production forms documenting services provided
What do I need to be successful?
- Being a high school graduate/having a GED and a valid driver’s license are both requirements
- Prior industry experience is great, but not required. The following are much more important…·
- You are personable and enjoy interacting with customers
- You are self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
- You can effectively present information to customers one-on-one and in small groups
- You are detailed oriented and understand the importance of safety
- You have a good aptitude for basic math-- necessary for doing calculations related to service
- Of course, given our business, you should be comfortable working outside and in confined spaces like crawl spaces and attics
- For safety reasons (rebreathers have be able to seal to your face) our Termite Techs aren’t able to have facial hair
Why should I choose Terminix?
In addition to being part of an iconic brand with a rich 85 year history, here are some other highlights of what we offer members of the Terminix Team.
- Comprehensive training and licensure, all paid by the company
- Highly competitive compensation – earning potential of $30,000-50,000 in first year.
- Company provided vehicle (that you can take home with you at night) and gas card
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth – including paths into management level roles
- Medical, dental and vision coverage + discounts on Terminix brands
- Short/long-term Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid time off
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by employees assigned to this classification; they are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Why Choose Rentokil ?
A career with Rentokil can be a professional trajectory filled with opportunity. We pride ourselves on being a world-class team that rewards high performance, and we love to promote from within. We offer competitive pay and many of our roles offer performance incentives.
Below you'll find information about some of what Rentokil has to offer. All Full-Time Colleagues qualify for the following and Part-Time Colleagues qualify for most benefits after they meet certain criteria.
Click here to read more about our Total Rewards Program which includes:
Professional and Personal Growth
Multiple avenues to grow your career
Rentokil is a Drug Free workplace
Training and development programs available
Tuition Reimbursement benefits (for FT Colleagues)
Health and Wellness
Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance plus much more
Full-time colleagues are eligible to begin enrollment immediately upon hire with benefits starting on day 1
Savings and Retirement
401(k) retirement plan with company-matching contributions
Vacation days & sick days
Company-paid holidays & floating holidays
A company mindset that prioritizes health, safety, and flexibility
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you?
Our companies are proud to be Affirmative Action (AA) and Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE) inclusive of veterans and those with disabilities.
California residents click here to review your privacy rights.
By applying to this position, you consent to receive an initial text message to collect your communication preferences. Message and data rates may apply. You can opt-out any time.
Articles you might be interested in
We are thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new career site, a platform designed to help you find the perfect job at Rentokil Initial and showcase our vision and values. Why the c
Inside the Corporate graduate scheme: 1 scheme, countless experiences Aman Bains, Finance Graduate "One thing I have learnt during this graduate scheme is that my career is
In June we celebrated 120 years of our Initial brand. It has been 12 decades since Arthur and Laura Bigelow set up a unique office towels business in London, with customers’ initials embroidered
Carrying the RI torch across Asia and MENAT Rentokil Initial is not just any company. Rentokil Initial is a company with its feet planted squarely on solid ground and with a phenomenal vision to
New science opens doors for future innovation At Rentokil Initial we pride ourselves on our ability to innovate to provide the best possible products and services for our customers. Our world-lea
Jobs you have shown an interest in