1 X Pest Control Sales Manager: Rentokil Initial (Pretoria)
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Rentokil Initial is a Global services company employing over 35,000 colleagues across 70 countries. The Company is at the cutting edge of technology and innovation as it strives to protect people and enhance lives, by controlling pests, improving hygiene and improving interior spaces with plants and scenting.
We are experts in the fields we operate in, investing in training, science, innovation and technology, and affording our employees Opportunities for Growth and Development
Listening and acting on feedback is part of our culture to support colleagues and our customers. Rentokil Initial regards equality and fairness as a fundamental right of all of its colleagues.
We live our values of Service, Relationships and Teamwork which were identified by our colleagues across the world.
Find out more on careers.rentokil-initial.com
Our family of businesses:
Rentokil Pest Control is the world’s leading commercial pest control company who provide quality, diligent and friendly services to all our customers.
We operate in over 65 countries and we are ranked in the top 3 in 63 of those.
We are highly innovative and have leading technical and scientific expertise and our customers look to us for our knowledge and integrity.
Although we don’t provide the most luxurious of services, this is certainly essential for all of our customers, and to make sure service happens.
Initial Hygiene is the world’s leading hygiene services company who provide quality, diligent and friendly services to all our customers. We operate in over 40 countries and we are ranked in the top 3 in 38 of those. We produce high quality, tailored hygiene product ranges for washrooms - across all sectors and industries where our customers look to us for our knowledge and integrity
Ambius is the world leader in providing interior landscaping services for a range of customers from boutique hotels, to shopping centres. We use planting, scenting, flowers, artwork and exterior landscaping maintenance to improve the environment for the benefit of the customer and their employees. Ambius is a global brand across North America, Europe South Africa and Australia.
To provide leadership and focus for Sales colleagues in order to create an effective sales force, achieve or exceed budgeted sales into new and existing customer base. To achieve and improve on retention levels in the customer base and improve on this trend.
- Turnover growth through gross sales, price increases and jobbing revenue, better than budget.
- Effective management thereby ensuring the development and retention of quality sales colleagues.
- Inspirational Leadership
- Be hands on, ensuring that infield training with all sales colleagues is being implemented on a regular basis to build more effective communication, enabling easy identification of training requirements, needs and shortfalls in the sales colleagues abilities. Under 6 months - once a week infield assessments to be conducted, over 6 months - twice a month infield assessments to be conducted and 1year plus - monthly assessments to be conducted infield.
- Accurately identify appropriate action plans to ensure the development of all colleagues.
- Ensure that correct planning takes place so that full territory management is achieved to obtain the best results.
- Conduct Weekly 1:1 meetings with all sales colleagues to understand development requirements. Analyse measurements to identify individual performance ratios. Use the individual ratios to identify and agree individual training and development needs.
- Using excellent coaching skills to ensure sales colleagues are developed, mentored and developed.
- Using individual performance ratios, agree to targets and objectives with all reports.
- Manage activity by identifying areas for training and support through measurement and observation, through infield assessments.
- Ensure appropriate training is delivered reviewed and implemented.
- Ensure accurate management measurement and management of all key activities, ie. customer contact, planning, calls, quotes, sales and value.
- Monthly meetings with regional sales manager, to identify and prepare action plans to effectively address all under performance in the team.
- Set a strong example for all sales colleagues in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills and work habits.
- Schedule regular effective sales meetings with all sales colleagues to effectively communicate information.
- Schedule regular weekly training sessions with all sales colleagues, incorporating product knowledge and Sales methodology.
- Effective preparation of all sales colleagues for annual sales performance assessments, to ensure a high standard is achieved and maintained.
- Weekly meetings with regional sales manager, with feedback sessions on each individual sales colleague to ensure that areas of improvement are identified correctly, pipeline information is discussed and assessed.
- Weekly forecast meetings are held with regional sales manager to ensure the quality of pipeline and forecasting information. Accurate sales forecasting through proper understanding of SOLO and the pipeline document.
- Drive the upsell campaign divisionally and regionally to ensure increased service covers.
- Monthly cross divisional meetings to be held with regional sales manager to ensure that all opportunities are being explored, regular cross divisional infield training is taking place and 100% identification of all target prospects are being identified.
- Drive cross divisional leads
- Hold monthly branch sales and service meetings where excellence is recognised and celebrated.
- Hold regular quarterly RISA sales and service meetings to recognise excellence across all divisions.
- Conducting regular quarterly performance reviews with Sales colleagues to monitor development and career path.
- Analyse service delivery in constructive communications with Service Manager.
- Assist sales colleagues with preparation of proposals and presentations to board level.
- Initiate and coordinate development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Ensure that follow up is completed and effective communication with service takes place.
- Ensure that effective recruitment and selection is achieved by complying with best practice and the sales recruitment policy.
- Invest energy and motivation of staff and create a “customer service” culture.
- Drive all divisional and national reward and recognition schemes.
- Drive “unpaid since inception” list, and assist with financial queries
- Manage the vehicle fleet ensuring all vehicles are safe and clean at all times.Monitoring service schedules and safe driving practise
- Ensuring all company Health and Safety regulations are adhered to at all times and the “Everyone goes home safe” message is reinforced continuously
- Individual leadership / influencing
- Customer service orientation
- Highly energetic and goal orientated
- Very high energy levels
- Highly developed communication (including listening) skills (written / verbal / non-verbal)
- Analysis / problem assessment
- Persuasiveness / sales ability
- Quality orientation / attention to detail
- Developing organizational talent
- Computer literacy (MS word, outlook, excel & internet)
- Valid driver’s license is a prerequisite
- Numeric skills
- Presentation skills
Minimum Qualifications and Critical Experience
- Minimum of 5 years strong sales management experience.
- Grade 12 (Matric or equivalent)
- Tertiary qualification in Sales Management advantageous
- Track record which demonstrates successful sales management
- Recruitment, development and retention of sales staff
- Delivery of results against demanding growth targets
- Telesales management
- Managed in completely new business environment (i.e. brand new clientele)
- Virtual office management
Are you interested? Here's what you can expect when you join us...
A number of benefits including:
- Subsidised Medical Insurance, Risk and Retirement funding
- Opportunity for Growth and Development
- OTE (On target earnings)
- A fully paid company car, including fuel
- A uniform allowance
- A cell phone + cell allowance
- A tablet + 3G
Rentokil Initial believes in diversity and thus offers all employees opportunities and avoids discrimination in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. Our selection process will therefore give preference to suitably qualified Employment Equity candidates in order to to achieve our Employment Equity numerical targets.
Do you love to provide a valued professional service throughout your community? Do you feel like you could do the job well? Apply for the role today!
Articles you might be interested in
We are thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new career site, a platform designed to help you find the perfect job at Rentokil Initial and showcase our vision and values. Why the c
Inside the Corporate graduate scheme: 1 scheme, countless experiences Aman Bains, Finance Graduate "One thing I have learnt during this graduate scheme is that my career is
In June we celebrated 120 years of our Initial brand. It has been 12 decades since Arthur and Laura Bigelow set up a unique office towels business in London, with customers’ initials embroidered
Carrying the RI torch across Asia and MENAT Rentokil Initial is not just any company. Rentokil Initial is a company with its feet planted squarely on solid ground and with a phenomenal vision to
New science opens doors for future innovation At Rentokil Initial we pride ourselves on our ability to innovate to provide the best possible products and services for our customers. Our world-lea
Jobs you have shown an interest in